Writing plugins for Kylin

Anmol Ghosh
Hey,

With the introduction of Kylin v2,  Kylin now supports a plugin
architecture where a user is open to define his own source and storage (
reference <http://kylin.apache.org/development/plugin_arch.html)>). As I
understand, for this we will require developing adaptors for the respective
source/storage engine. I wanted to understand who and how these adapters
will be integrated to Kylin?

   - Is this something where a user, outside the Kylin Developer Community
   group, can develop a plugin which could be configured and integrated while
   setting up the Kylin.
   - Another scenario will be of Kylin's own developer community will
   gradually come with the adaptors for various emerging technology and the
   end user would be only provided options to select from a given current
   supported pool of sources/storages

In the former case, i.e. any developer, external or internal, can come up
with a plugin which could be integrated to Kylin by end-user, is this
process documented?

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Anmol Ghosh*
[mobile] +917836019775 *|* [skype] anmolghosh007 *|* [linkedIn]
*https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh>*
[email] [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: Writing plugins for Kylin

Luke Han
Administrator
Hi Anmol,
    It's possible for everybody to do this, just follow the plugin design
make it work. Then please send a patch to our community, we will help you
to review and merge if it pass for all testing.
    The best way is to open a JIRA first and bring all discussion and
design there, also patch.

    Thanks.
Luke

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Anmol Ghosh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> With the introduction of Kylin v2,  Kylin now supports a plugin
> architecture where a user is open to define his own source and storage (
> reference <http://kylin.apache.org/development/plugin_arch.html)>). As I
> understand, for this we will require developing adaptors for the respective
> source/storage engine. I wanted to understand who and how these adapters
> will be integrated to Kylin?
>
>    - Is this something where a user, outside the Kylin Developer Community
>    group, can develop a plugin which could be configured and integrated
> while
>    setting up the Kylin.
>    - Another scenario will be of Kylin's own developer community will
>    gradually come with the adaptors for various emerging technology and the
>    end user would be only provided options to select from a given current
>    supported pool of sources/storages
>
> In the former case, i.e. any developer, external or internal, can come up
> with a plugin which could be integrated to Kylin by end-user, is this
> process documented?
>
> *Thanks & Regards,*
> *Anmol Ghosh*
> [mobile] +917836019775 *|* [skype] anmolghosh007 *|* [linkedIn]
> *https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh>*
> [email] [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: Writing plugins for Kylin

Nirav Patel
Is it okay to create JIRA for writing storage adapter for proprietary
storage like MaprDB?

Thanks

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: Writing plugins for Kylin

shaofengshi
Yes it is welcomed. Please go ahead.

> Is it okay to create JIRA for writing storage adapter for proprietary
> storage like MaprDB?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Luke Han <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Anmol,
> >     It's possible for everybody to do this, just follow the plugin design
> > make it work. Then please send a patch to our community, we will help you
> > to review and merge if it pass for all testing.
> >     The best way is to open a JIRA first and bring all discussion and
> > design there, also patch.
> >
> >     Thanks.
> > Luke
> >

> > Best Regards!
> > ---------------------
> >
> > Luke Han
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Anmol Ghosh <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > With the introduction of Kylin v2,  Kylin now supports a plugin
> > > architecture where a user is open to define his own source and storage
> (
> > > reference <http://kylin.apache.org/development/plugin_arch.html)>).
> As I
> > > understand, for this we will require developing adaptors for the
> > respective
> > > source/storage engine. I wanted to understand who and how these
> adapters
> > > will be integrated to Kylin?
> > >
> > >    - Is this something where a user, outside the Kylin Developer
> > Community
> > >    group, can develop a plugin which could be configured and integrated
> > > while
> > >    setting up the Kylin.
> > >    - Another scenario will be of Kylin's own developer community will
> > >    gradually come with the adaptors for various emerging technology and
> > the
> > >    end user would be only provided options to select from a given
> current
> > >    supported pool of sources/storages
> > >
> > > In the former case, i.e. any developer, external or internal, can come
> up
> > > with a plugin which could be integrated to Kylin by end-user, is this
> > > process documented?
> > >
> > > *Thanks & Regards,*
> > > *Anmol Ghosh*
> > > [mobile] +917836019775 *|* [skype] anmolghosh007 *|* [linkedIn]
> > > *https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh
> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh>*
> > > [email] [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> > >

> --