Some questions of Cube segment

季俊
I have a business scenario that needs to statistic analysis according to dimentions of years, months, days and hours

I kown the cube segment include all dimentions of years, months, days and hours

the dimentions of years, months need to be preserved for one year, but the dimentions of days, hours need to be preserved for one month, What should I do?
| | |

Re: Some questions of Cube segment

Yang
Two approaches.

1) is simply keep all dimensions for one year, if you can afford the
storage. Simpler solution is worth a little additional cost.

2) or you can create two cubes. One cube contains only year and month and
the retention is one year. Another cube contains year/month/day/hour and
the retention is one month. Kylin will automatically select the second cube
when your query includes day and hour.

Cheers
Yang