Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Nirav Patel

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Alberto Ramón
(Its not necesary duplicate all Q in dev and user MailList, thanks)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kylin-user/201609.mbox/%3C9EEA4677F012024598DC5D7E4D11FD53886EEAAE%40QTAUSC-VPEXC001.quantium.com.au.local%3E

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1605

On 11 May 2017 at 22:57, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see APIs to Build existing cube but I don's see any thing for
> > Create/Update of Model and Cubes itself. Is there a way to modify cube
> > properties (dimensions, measures, refresh settings) programmatically?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nirav
> >

> --
>

> [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>
>
> <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Nirav Patel
Sure. Is export/import in that JIRA means GET/CREATE?

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Alberto Ramón <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> (Its not necesary duplicate all Q in dev and user MailList, thanks)

> 3C9EEA4677F012024598DC5D7E4D11FD53886EEAAE%40QTAUSC-
> VPEXC001.quantium.com.au.local%3E
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1605
>

> On 11 May 2017 at 22:57, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I see APIs to Build existing cube but I don's see any thing for
> > > Create/Update of Model and Cubes itself. Is there a way to modify cube
> > > properties (dimensions, measures, refresh settings) programmatically?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nirav
> > >

> > --
> >

> > [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>
> >
> > <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
> > <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> > <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> > <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Alberto Ramón
This is another possible solution (in the road map)

On 11 May 2017 at 23:40, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure. Is export/import in that JIRA means GET/CREATE?
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Alberto Ramón <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > (Its not necesary duplicate all Q in dev and user MailList, thanks)

> > 3C9EEA4677F012024598DC5D7E4D11FD53886EEAAE%40QTAUSC-
> > VPEXC001.quantium.com.au.local%3E
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1605
> >

> > On 11 May 2017 at 22:57, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cube

> > > --
> > >

> > > [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/
> email-click/>
> > >
> > > <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image:
> Twitter]
> > > <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> > > <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> > > <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>
> > >

> --
>

> [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>
>
> <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Yang
There is no public stable RESTful API to create cube programmatically.

However there is one API that Kylin GUI uses to create cube, and in the
debug console of modern browser, advanced user can observe how this API
works. But note, it is not a stable API and is subject to change from
version to version. User must not rely on it to build anything of
production quality.

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 3:30 AM, Alberto Ramón <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This is another possible solution (in the road map)
>
> On 11 May 2017 at 23:40, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sure. Is export/import in that JIRA means GET/CREATE?
> >
> > On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Alberto Ramón <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > (Its not necesary duplicate all Q in dev and user MailList, thanks)

> > > 3C9EEA4677F012024598DC5D7E4D11FD53886EEAAE%40QTAUSC-
> > > VPEXC001.quantium.com.au.local%3E
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1605

> > cube
> programmatically?

> > email-click/>

> > Twitter]
> > > >

> > --
> >

> > [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>
> >
> > <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
> > <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> > <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> > <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: REST APIs for Create/Update models and cubes and selecting datasources

Nirav Patel
Thanks Li/Alberto. I think some changes to api should be fine version to
version even if you make it public. I haven't seen much change in cube
building from 1.6 to 2.0 except addition of new features which can be
easily incorporated into API contract. I think It would be useful API to
publish.