Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Barry Han
Hi Kylin Team,
I would like to use SSAS to call Kylin cube.

Is it possible?

Thanks
Barry Han

Re: Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

shaofengshi
Hi Barry,

From this article
<https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertutorial/2000/sql-server-analysis-services-ssas-tutorial/>,
SSAS is an OLAP engine that runs over SQL server, which is similar as Kylin
runs over Hive/Hadoop. Both SSAS and Kylin support using PowerBI/Excel as
the visualization tool. So there should be no chance to "use SSAS to call
Kylin cube". If you want to use PowerBI/Excel, you can directly call Kylin
cube with Kylin's ODBC driver.

Hope it helps.

> Hi Kylin Team,
> I would like to use SSAS to call Kylin cube.
>
> *Is it possible?*
> <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/n8148/a.png>
>

> Thanks
> Barry Han

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Julian Hyde
I’m going to quibble with your facts. SQL Server Analysis Services has always had a “ROLAP mode”, where it gets its results using SQL. Microsoft doesn’t go out of its way to tell people, but it works fine against non-Microsoft databases. For example, you can get it working on Oracle[1]. So, in principle at least, it could speak to Kylin as a SQL data source.

Now, whether Kylin wants to go out of its way to support the SQL that SSAS generates… that’s not a technical question, it’s more of a question of business priorities.

Julian

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa548609(v=ax.10).aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa548609(v=ax.10).aspx>

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 9:55 PM, ShaoFeng Shi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> From this article
> <https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertutorial/2000/sql-server-analysis-services-ssas-tutorial/>,
> SSAS is an OLAP engine that runs over SQL server, which is similar as Kylin
> runs over Hive/Hadoop. Both SSAS and Kylin support using PowerBI/Excel as
> the visualization tool. So there should be no chance to "use SSAS to call
> Kylin cube". If you want to use PowerBI/Excel, you can directly call Kylin
> cube with Kylin's ODBC driver.
>
> Hope it helps.

>> Hi Kylin Team,
>> I would like to use SSAS to call Kylin cube.
>>
>> *Is it possible?*
>> <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/n8148/a.png>
>>

>> Thanks
>> Barry Han
>>
>> --

> Best regards,
>
> Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Barry Han
Hi All,
Thank you for answering me.I'm sorry I did not make it clear.
I hope that I can use SSAS as identity verification with AD accounts and use Kylin's cube.
Is there a better way to do that user can use Kylin's cube through Microsoft AD account?

Regards
Barry Han

Re: Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Luke Han
Administrator
Microsoft AD is one LDAP implementation.
Kylin support LDAP very well, please check this:

http://kylin.apache.org/docs20/howto/howto_ldap_and_sso.html

Best Regards!

Luke Han