IN-MEM Algorithm - how it works?

Bart
Hi, people!
I've read about a Layer algorithm from here: http://kylin.apache.org/blog/2015/08/15/fast-cubing/
Is this algorithm named "Fast Algorithm" a "In-Mem" algorithm??

Best Regards,
Bartt

Re: IN-MEM Algorithm - how it works?

shaofengshi
Yes, "Fast cubing" = "In-Mem cubing", they are the same thing.

To enable it, you can set "kylin.cube.algorithm=inmem" in Cube's property
overwrite step, then trigger a build. But from our experience, the "layer"
cubing is a more stable algorithm for various data set and model. If your
data is small and the model is relatively simple, "inmem" will be a good
option, otherwise, "layer" is recommended.

> Hi, people!
> I've read about a Layer algorithm from here:
> http://kylin.apache.org/blog/2015/08/15/fast-cubing/
> Is this algorithm named "Fast Algorithm" a "In-Mem" algorithm??
>
> Best Regards,
> Bartt

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋