[Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Nov 2019

shaofengshi
Hi all,

Here's Kylin board report for this cycle, please help to review and leave
your feedback here. If some information need to be added, please list here.

Apache Kylin is an open-source Distributed Analytics Engine designed
to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on
Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (4 years ago)
There are currently 37 committers and 22 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Gang Ma on 2019-05-29.
- Chao Long was added as committer on 2019-10-01
- Shaohui Liu was added as committer on 2019-10-25

## Project Activity:
3.0.0-beta was released on 2019-10-24.
2.6.4 was released on 2019-10-12.
3.0.0-alpha2 was released on 2019-07-30.

Apache Kylin Meetup @OLX, Berlin, Germany; 7:00PM - 8:30PM, Thursday,
2019-10-24
Apache Kylin Meetup @Shenzhen, China; 12:30PM - 17:00PM, Saturday,
2019-09-07

## Community Health:
The discussions in the mailing list have a small drop (10%) compared with
the previous quarter. One reason we think is that the stable branch 2.6.x
has less change and the release is more stable than before, so fewer
problems and issues are raised. The v3.0 is in beta now, while most of the
users haven't upgraded to it yet.

[hidden email] had a 10% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (303
emails compared to 333)
113 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-11% decrease)
129 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (48% increase)
209 commits in the past quarter (-16% decrease)
39 code contributors in the past quarter (-4% decrease)

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: [hidden email]

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: [hidden email]
Join Kylin dev mail group: [hidden email]

Re: [Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Nov 2019

Luke Han
Administrator
looks great to me.
and we should include PMC Chair changes also.

thanks

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM ShaoFeng Shi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's Kylin board report for this cycle, please help to review and leave
> your feedback here. If some information need to be added, please list here.

> Apache Kylin is an open-source Distributed Analytics Engine designed
> to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on
> Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.
>
> ## Issues:
> There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
>
> ## Membership Data:
> Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (4 years ago)
> There are currently 37 committers and 22 PMC members in this project.
> The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.
>
> Community changes, past quarter:
> - No new PMC members. Last addition was Gang Ma on 2019-05-29.
> - Chao Long was added as committer on 2019-10-01
> - Shaohui Liu was added as committer on 2019-10-25
>
> ## Project Activity:
> 3.0.0-beta was released on 2019-10-24.
> 2.6.4 was released on 2019-10-12.
> 3.0.0-alpha2 was released on 2019-07-30.
>
> Apache Kylin Meetup @OLX, Berlin, Germany; 7:00PM - 8:30PM, Thursday,
> 2019-10-24
> Apache Kylin Meetup @Shenzhen, China; 12:30PM - 17:00PM, Saturday,
> 2019-09-07
>

> ## Community Health:
> The discussions in the mailing list have a small drop (10%) compared with
> the previous quarter. One reason we think is that the stable branch 2.6.x
> has less change and the release is more stable than before, so fewer
> problems and issues are raised. The v3.0 is in beta now, while most of the
> users haven't upgraded to it yet.
>
> [hidden email] had a 10% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
> (303 emails compared to 333)
> 113 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-11% decrease)
> 129 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (48% increase)
> 209 commits in the past quarter (-16% decrease)
> 39 code contributors in the past quarter (-4% decrease)
>

> Best regards,
>
> Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
> Apache Kylin PMC
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
> Join Kylin user mail group: [hidden email]
> Join Kylin dev mail group: [hidden email]

Re: [Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Nov 2019

shaofengshi
Good suggestion; Thank you Luke.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: [hidden email]

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: [hidden email]
Join Kylin dev mail group: [hidden email]

Luke Han <[hidden email]> 于2019年11月4日周一 上午7:42写道: