Document that explain how Kylin query, indexing, metadata engine works

Document that explain how Kylin query, indexing, metadata engine works

Nirav Patel
I see there are documents that explains how kylin ingest hive tables and
build cubes/cuboids using MR and/or spark but there is nothing about how it
generates metadata about cubes/segments, how it builds indexes
(dictionaries, inverted index if any) and how that helps querying against
cubes stored on hbase. There are some slides/papers but they all date back
to 2014/15 which is quite old.

Are there any recent documents/articles on these ?

Thanks

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: Document that explain how Kylin query, indexing, metadata engine works

Yang
No for now I believe. You can help by creating JIRAs to mark these tasks,
better in small topics, and community will work them out.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Nirav Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see there are documents that explains how kylin ingest hive tables and
> build cubes/cuboids using MR and/or spark but there is nothing about how it
> generates metadata about cubes/segments, how it builds indexes
> (dictionaries, inverted index if any) and how that helps querying against
> cubes stored on hbase. There are some slides/papers but they all date back
> to 2014/15 which is quite old.
>
> Are there any recent documents/articles on these ?
>
> Thanks
>

> [image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>
>
> <https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
> <http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: Document that explain how Kylin query, indexing, metadata engine works

Nirav Patel
sure. I'll try to ask them individually as well.