Cubesegment merge error

elicer
Hi All: I am getting below error when the automatic cube segment merge job try to merge the existing cube segment. I am using kylin version 1.6.0(apache-kylin-1.6.0-bin). Error: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:187) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3964) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3969) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalManualCache.get(LocalCache.java:4829) at org.apache.kylin.dict.DictionaryManager.getDictionaryInfo(DictionaryManager.java:120) at org.apache.kylin.dict.DictionaryManager.getDictionary(DictionaryManager.java:114) at org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.MergeCuboidMapper.map(MergeCuboidMapper.java:188) at org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.MergeCuboidMapper.map(MergeCuboidMapper.java:62) at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper.run(Mapper.java:145) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:787) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1671) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)

Re: Cubesegment merge error

elicer
I think this issue may related to one of the field only have empty value , but this field is one of the include fields in one of the aggregation group. Will this cause above issue?

Re: Cubesegment merge error

Yang
Briefly looked the related code, it is not obvious why this could happen.

Could this reproduce after reboot Kylin server?

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM, elicer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think this issue may related to one of the field only have empty value ,
> but this field is one of the include fields in one of the aggregation
> group.
> Will this cause above issue?

Re: Cubesegment merge error

elicer
Yes, It is still there.

Are there any instructions or limitations for the dimension field during the cube merge?(e.g. Dimension can not have null value)