BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

rahulsingh
Hi all,

We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records. And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is firing “select * from ” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by querys based on the reports.
And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.

How should we handle this  “select * from
” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of * query.

Thank You,
Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Alberto Ramón
Hi

Check this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1792
yes, like you said, if you have a cube its to use with agregates == group by

> Hi all,
>
> We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to
> connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
> We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records.
> And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
> When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is firing
> “select * from
> ” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by querys
> based on the reports.
> And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
> ” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.
>
> How should we handle this  “select * from
> ” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of *
> query.
>
> Thank You,
> Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Billy Liu
Have you checked the “Direct Mode” on Tableau? Have you asked for help from
Tableau community?

> Hi all,
>
> We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to
> connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
> We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records.
> And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
> When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is firing
> “select * from
> ” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by querys
> based on the reports.
> And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
> ” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.
>
> How should we handle this  “select * from
> ” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of *
> query.
>
> Thank You,
> Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Yang
My impression is, when connecting live, Tableau will "select * from"
DIMENSION table. And that is affordable. Tableau shall never "select *
from" the FACT table. Could you verify?

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Billy Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you checked the “Direct Mode” on Tableau? Have you asked for help from
> Tableau community?

> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to
> > connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
> > We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records.
> > And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
> > When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is
> firing
> > “select * from
> > ” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by
> querys
> > based on the reports.
> > And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
> > ” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.
> >
> > How should we handle this  “select * from
> > ” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of *
> > query.
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

zhaotianshuo
we have the same issue....

来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

My impression is, when connecting live, Tableau will "select * from"
DIMENSION table. And that is affordable. Tableau shall never "select *
from" the FACT table. Could you verify?

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Billy Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you checked the “Direct Mode” on Tableau? Have you asked for help from
> Tableau community?

> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to
> > connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
> > We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records.
> > And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
> > When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is
> firing
> > “select * from
> > ” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by
> querys
> > based on the reports.
> > And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
> > ” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.
> >
> > How should we handle this  “select * from
> > ” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of *
> > query.
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Yang
Could any one provide more details to reproduce this problem? At least I
didn't spot "select * from fact" when using Tableau+Kylin.

Cheers
Yang

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, 赵天烁 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we have the same issue....
>

> 来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

you can try to add a filter on a colum of some big fact table,before you try to pick some colum value as filter, tableau will send a select * query without any limit clause to list all the column value for you to choose from.and that is where it cause this problem.

来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

Could any one provide more details to reproduce this problem? At least I
didn't spot "select * from fact" when using Tableau+Kylin.

Cheers
Yang

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, 赵天烁 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we have the same issue....
>

> 来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

forgot to mention that we do have some dimension table with 10x million records,add a filter on that will also cause the same issue

来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

you can try to add a filter on a colum of some big fact table,before you try to pick some colum value as filter, tableau will send a select * query without any limit clause to list all the column value for you to choose from.and that is where it cause this problem.

来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

Could any one provide more details to reproduce this problem? At least I
didn't spot "select * from fact" when using Tableau+Kylin.

Cheers
Yang

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, 赵天烁 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we have the same issue....
>

> 来自 赵天烁的 魅族 MX

Thanks!

JIRA created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2649